Dengue Fever In Babies And Toddlers: Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention
IN THIS ARTICLE
- What Causes Dengue And How Does It Spread?
- Signs And Symptoms Of Dengue In Infants And Toddlers
- Complications Of Dengue Fever In Infants And Toddlers
- When To See A Doctor?
- Diagnosis Of Dengue In Babies And Toddlers
- Is There Any Treatment For Dengue?
- Is It Possible To Treat Dengue Fever At Home?
- Can Dengue Fever Be Prevented?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dengue fever is an acute viral illness caused by four strains of the dengue virus. Endemic in tropical and subtropical countries, dengue in babies and toddlers can be severe, especially for the child born to mothers who had dengue(1). Though dengue can be cured with home care, it is recommended to seek medical attention.
Read this MomJunction post to know more about dengue fever in infants, its signs and symptoms, treatment, and how to protect your baby from dengue fever and other mosquito-borne illnesses. For the full article written by Dr Bosny T. Joseph medically reviewed by Dr. Vivek Goswami, head here: https://www.momjunction.com/articles/serious-symptoms-of-dengue-fever-in-infantsbabies_00101058/
Join the Club
If you like, we’ll send you outdoor content that brings you happiness. Nothing annoying, ever.