Best Hiking Shorts for Men
We prefer to hike in shorts for most of our adventures since they make it easier to stay cool and allow for a full range of movement.
The CleverHiker team has worn dozens of different shorts on hikes all over the world, so it’s safe to say we’ve become experts on the subject over the years. Read on to find your new favorite pair of hiking shorts.
Check out this quick list of our favorite hiking shorts if you’re in a hurry, or continue scrolling to see our full list with in-depth reviews.
- Best hiking shorts overall: Patagonia Quandary
- Best athletic shorts for hiking: Nike Dri-FIT Challenger
- Best value hiking shorts: Prana Stretch Zion II
- Best balance of durability, utility & style: Outdoor Research Ferrosi
- Best town-to-trail shorts: Prana Brion II
- Best budget hiking shorts: Columbia Silver Ridge Cargo
- Stylish & versatile athletic shorts: Vuori Kore
- Athletic shorts with secure hand pockets: Patagonia Nine Trails
- Quick drying cross between board shorts & hiking shorts: REI Sahara Amphib
- Affordable hiking shorts with a flat waistband: The North Face Wander
Explore More Content
Sawyer Insect Repellent is a versatile picaridin spray recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as safe and effective for most people. Our testers liked the evaporating smell and how the spray feels once it dries.
Insects and arachnids that bite in self-defense instead of to feed -- such as yellow jackets, bees, wasps, hornets, certain ants or spiders -- cannot be repelled with insect repellents.
The number of bug-borne diseases is increasing, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And the number of places they're spreading to is also on the rise.
From the Squad
Campfire conversations with our community, from Squad Members and Ambassadors to Brand Partners and the Sawyer team.