10 BEST Insect Repellent For Gnats of February 2021
7. Sawyer Products 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% picaridin — more effective at repelling biting flies than deet; repels disease-spreading ticks (lyme, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (west nile, dengue, and zika viruses), chiggers, and more
- Non-greasy; dries quickly and won't damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more
- Safe for use on the whole family, long-lasting insect and tick repellent spray deters a wide variety of pests — up to 12 hours against mosquitoes and ticks and up to 8 hours against flies, gnats, and chiggers
- Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it's ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard bbqs, sporting events, days at the park, and more
Continuing reading the complete list of best insect repellents for gnats here.
May 7, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Fresh drinking water is essential. This water filtration system ensures you will never run out as long as there is a nearby natural water source. It can filter out bacteria, protozoa and microplastics.
Faster and more efficient than pumping or waiting for chemical treatments, the Sawyer Squeeze System offers on-the-go hydration at a good flow. This product is long-lasting, affordable, reliable, cleanable, and very user-friendly.
But Sawyer was way ahead of me — 15 years ahead, to be precise. In 2008, the brand started its Clean Water for All initiative, which provides Sawyer filters to developing countries around the world. And the company spends 90% of its profits funding it.