Insect Repellent For Clothing And Gears of September 2023
- Ben's Clothing and Gear Insect Repellent Pump Spray Bottle, 24-oz
- Repels and kills flies, mosquitoes, gnats, ticks, and other insects on contact
- Convenient spray bottle with an ergonomic grip, making bug protection fast and easy
- Bonds to fabric fibers for up to six weeks of protection through several wash cycles
- Contains permethrin, the cdc recommended chemical for repelling mosquitoes that may carry diseases
- Sawyer Products SP645 Permethrin Premium Insect Repellent for Clothing, Gear & Tents Trigger Spray, 4.5-Ounce, 6 Bottles
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard bbqs, and other outdoor activities, it's effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (lyme disease) and mosquitoes (west nile and zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with permethrin (university of rhode island study - 2017)
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won't stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying; pack of 6 trigger spray bottles
A 20% DEET Premium Controlled-Release Lotion will work well against mosquitoes, but Dr. Zimring says he prefers the 20% Picaridin lotion since it also protects against ticks, gnats, chiggers, and flies. (In both instances, he recommends Sawyer brand.)
Part of spending time outside means battling ticks, mosquitoes, and other biting insects. For this, Nelson swears by permethrin.
And out of the products we tested, Dr. Zeichner highly recommends Sawyer Products 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent.