Arizona Trail FKT Announcement
Time to get back after it. Excited to be hitting one of the most diverse scenic long trails in the United States. After setting FKTs on the Pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail and Long Trail, I can’t wait to try to push the limits.
I’m getting the chills just writing about this.
Dates: 3/23/21 around 10AM to ~4/3/21
Style: Supported, northbound. We will have 2 support crews helping make my effort as quick and efficient as possible. The crew will include Katie, Will and Mary Ann McConaughy, Witt Wisebram (former self-supported FKT holder), Jack Murphy, and Michael Dillon (posting daily vlogs).
Arizona Trail FKT Fastest Known Time Record Holders (click for more info)
- Josh Perry (self-supported, male) – 14d12h31m
- Michael Versteeg (supported, male) – 15d22m39m
- Heather Anderson (self-supported, female) – 19d17h09m
- Helen Galerakis (supported, female) – 17d11h03m
- Instagram @thestring.bean and Strava updates. Updates daily.
- Garmin InReach Mini tracker: share.garmin.com/stringbean
- Daily vlog. Subscribe to Pilot Field’s YouTube channel here.
- Fastest Known Time Tracker
Continue reading more about Stringbean's Arizona FKT Announcement here.
May 8, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Apply the Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent to clothing and furniture, not skin, to keep pests away.
Plus, everything you need to know about DEET, picaridin, and what's best for safeguarding against ticks and mosquitoes.
Faster and more efficient than pumping or waiting for chemical treatments, the Sawyer Squeeze System offers on-the-go hydration at a good flow. This product is long-lasting, affordable, reliable, cleanable, and very user-friendly.