Arizona Trail FKT Announcement
Time to get back after it. Excited to be hitting one of the most diverse scenic long trails in the United States. After setting FKTs on the Pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail and Long Trail, I can’t wait to try to push the limits.
I’m getting the chills just writing about this.
Dates: 3/23/21 around 10AM to ~4/3/21
Style: Supported, northbound. We will have 2 support crews helping make my effort as quick and efficient as possible. The crew will include Katie, Will and Mary Ann McConaughy, Witt Wisebram (former self-supported FKT holder), Jack Murphy, and Michael Dillon (posting daily vlogs).
Arizona Trail FKT Fastest Known Time Record Holders (click for more info)
- Josh Perry (self-supported, male) – 14d12h31m
- Michael Versteeg (supported, male) – 15d22m39m
- Heather Anderson (self-supported, female) – 19d17h09m
- Helen Galerakis (supported, female) – 17d11h03m
- Instagram @thestring.bean and Strava updates. Updates daily.
- Garmin InReach Mini tracker: share.garmin.com/stringbean
- Daily vlog. Subscribe to Pilot Field’s YouTube channel here.
- Fastest Known Time Tracker
May 8, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Of all the creepy crawlers, ticks keep me on high alert. They can be very tiny in the nymph stage and difficult to see. They love to hang out in tall grasses along the trail and hitch a ride on hikers passing by. I plan on treating most of my clothes and gear with Sawyer Permethrin.
Ultra-compact and lightweight
I would often just drink directly from the sawyer squeeze if I was feeling lazy- which by the way works wonderfully.