The best bug protection, reviewed and curated by the Trailspace community. The latest review was added on June 19, 2021.
- Sawyer Permethrin Insect Repellent Treatment for Clothing, Gear, and Tents
- Repel Permanone
- Thermacell Backpacker Mosquito Repeller
- Sea to Summit Mosquito Head Net
- Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent
- Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent
- Repel 100 Pump Spray
- All Terrain Herbal Armor
- Para'Kito Mosquito Repellent Band
- Smidge Spray
- BugBaffler Insect Protective Headnet
- Duration Permethrin
- Stoked Goods Stoke Lip & Face Balm
- 3M Ultrathon 33 Insect Repellent Sponge Applicator
Continue reading detailed reviews on each of these bug repellents here.
May 7, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Sawyer Permethrin Premium Insect Repellent is used on clothing, not skin, and it provides long-lasting protection against ticks.
One of the most popular, and readily available, means of tick prevention these days is the use of permethrin. Sawyer Permethrin Fabric Treatment is easy to find at most any sporting goods store and applies quick and easy to your clothing, boots, gear, etc.
While not technically a filtered water bottle, Sawyer Products’ water filtration system can transform anything into a safe, clean drinking vessel. Simply fill up the included reusable pouch at any water source, screw the pouch onto the filter, and either drink directly from the filter or squeeze the now-filtered water into another vessel (like a water bottle or pot for cooking).