With a little over a month left until I head to Baxter State Park, I’ve spent a lot of time honing in on my gear list — so, here ya go:
- Gossamer Gear – Gorilla 50
- Gossamer Gear – The One, LT5 Three Piece Carbon Trekking Poles, Enlightened Equipment – Revelation, Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlite
- Clothes + Shoes:
- Base Layer: Sports Bra, ExOfficio Undies, Minus33 Boyshorts, Janji AFO Shorts
- Mid Layer: REI shirt, Minus33 Leggings, Longsleeve, ¼ Zip Hoodie
- Outer Layer: Enlightened Equipment Torrid Jacket, Montbell Versalite Rain Pants and Jacket, Altra Lone Peak 6, Crocs, Minus33 Boot and Mini Crew Socks, Altra Gaiters
- Cooking + Water:
- Soto WindMaster 4Flex, Montbell Alpine Cooker 11, Sawyer Squeeze
- Electronics + Guides:
- Montbell Headlamp, Garmin inReach mini, Anker PowerCore 10000, AWOL Guide, FarOut
- includes links to gear and estimated weight in ounces
Super big thanks to Backpacker Radio for hooking me up with connections to stellar gear and big thank you to the brands involved: Altra, Enlightened Equipment, FarOut, Gossamer Gear, Minus33, Montbell, Sawyer, Verde Brand Communications. I can’t wait to push my limits and to have the best time ever!
Read MG Hibionada's complete gear list here.
May 20, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Fresh drinking water is essential. This water filtration system ensures you will never run out as long as there is a nearby natural water source. It can filter out bacteria, protozoa and microplastics.
Faster and more efficient than pumping or waiting for chemical treatments, the Sawyer Squeeze System offers on-the-go hydration at a good flow. This product is long-lasting, affordable, reliable, cleanable, and very user-friendly.
But Sawyer was way ahead of me — 15 years ahead, to be precise. In 2008, the brand started its Clean Water for All initiative, which provides Sawyer filters to developing countries around the world. And the company spends 90% of its profits funding it.