With a little over a month left until I head to Baxter State Park, I’ve spent a lot of time honing in on my gear list — so, here ya go:
- Gossamer Gear – Gorilla 50
- Gossamer Gear – The One, LT5 Three Piece Carbon Trekking Poles, Enlightened Equipment – Revelation, Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlite
- Clothes + Shoes:
- Base Layer: Sports Bra, ExOfficio Undies, Minus33 Boyshorts, Janji AFO Shorts
- Mid Layer: REI shirt, Minus33 Leggings, Longsleeve, ¼ Zip Hoodie
- Outer Layer: Enlightened Equipment Torrid Jacket, Montbell Versalite Rain Pants and Jacket, Altra Lone Peak 6, Crocs, Minus33 Boot and Mini Crew Socks, Altra Gaiters
- Cooking + Water:
- Soto WindMaster 4Flex, Montbell Alpine Cooker 11, Sawyer Squeeze
- Electronics + Guides:
- Montbell Headlamp, Garmin inReach mini, Anker PowerCore 10000, AWOL Guide, FarOut
- includes links to gear and estimated weight in ounces
Super big thanks to Backpacker Radio for hooking me up with connections to stellar gear and big thank you to the brands involved: Altra, Enlightened Equipment, FarOut, Gossamer Gear, Minus33, Montbell, Sawyer, Verde Brand Communications. I can’t wait to push my limits and to have the best time ever!
Read MG Hibionada's complete gear list here.
A 20% DEET Premium Controlled-Release Lotion will work well against mosquitoes, but Dr. Zimring says he prefers the 20% Picaridin lotion since it also protects against ticks, gnats, chiggers, and flies. (In both instances, he recommends Sawyer brand.)
Part of spending time outside means battling ticks, mosquitoes, and other biting insects. For this, Nelson swears by permethrin.
And out of the products we tested, Dr. Zeichner highly recommends Sawyer Products 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent.