Sawyer Training - High Performance Water Filters and the 4 Reasons Why Sawyer Sets the Standard
THE SAWYER® STANDARD FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE FILTERS
- ABSOLUTE MICRONSWhat it means:• No pore is larger than 0.1 in the Sawyer® PointOneFilter™.• No pore is larger than 0.02 in the Sawyer® PointZeroTwoPurifier™.• Sawyer WILL not use average or nominal pore size ratings.Why it’s important:• Without absolute pore size, larger holes are present which could allow bacteria, protozoa, cysts, or viruses to pass.• No harmful bacteria, protozoa, or cysts can pass through the SawyerPointOne Filter.• No harmful viruses, bacteria, protozoa, or cysts can passthrough the SawyerPointTwo Purifier.• All Sawyer filters will remove 100% of micro plastics from the water.
- FIBER STRENGTH - KNOWN AS HOOP STRENGTHWhat it means:Thicker fiber walls and smaller inner diameter of the fibers make Sawyer fibers ~75% stronger than fibers of other typical hollow fiber membranes.Why it’s important:Stronger fibers allow for aggressive backwashing and shock resistance. Meaning each Sawyer filter can be continually backwashed forcefully restoring up to 98% of the original flow fate. Because of this exclusive technology, the Sawyer Mini Filter™and Micro Squeeze Filter™ can be cleaned and reused for up to 100,000 gallons. The Squeeze Water Filter™ andPointZeroTwo™ Purifier offer a lifetime guarantee.Read the entire Sawyer Hollow Fiber Filter Strength Report at https://www.sawyer.com/downloads
- 100% INDIVIDUALLY TESTED 3 TIMESWhat it means:Every Sawyer filter is performance tested three different times during the manufacturing process for your protection.Why it’s important:To ensure every Sawyer filter is 0.1 or 0.02 absolute micron and that no harmful pathogens can pass through the filter.Every filter is 3X tested. Sawyer does NOT batch test or statistically test for failure. Testing occurs after the fiber element construction and twice after casing assembly to ensure no harmful pathogens leak through the sealed case or internal o-rings.
- PROTECTED FIBERSWhat it means:Our hollow fiber membranes are fully encased and sealed to keep them protected.Why it’s important:When fibers are not enclosed, physical damage of exposed fibers could allow harmful pathogens to pass through.
Sawyer hollow fiber membranes
Other typical hollow fiber membranes
- THE SAWYER FILTER STANDARDSawyer is willing to invest in these points of difference to ensure every Sawyer filter performs exactly as stated time and time again, for your protection. This is the Sawyer®filter standard.