Best Bug Sprays for Babies
BEST BABY BUG SPRAYS
- Best Overall Bug Spray for Babies : Avon Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard
- Best Natural Bug Spray for Babies : Babyganics Natural Insect Repellent Spray
- Best Bug Spray Wipes : Cutter All Family Mosquito Wipes
- Best Travel-Sized Bug Spray : California Baby Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray
- Best Value Bug Spray : Off! Deep Woods Insect Repellent
- Best Bug Spray Lotion : Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent Lotion
Nothing will send you running inside on a nice summer night faster than pesky, persistent mosquitos. Although a good bug spray can help protect you from masses of itchy bites, you may wonder if it’s suitable for your baby’s sensitive skin.
The short answer: The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says you can use bug spray on your baby — as long as she's at least 2 months of age and the formula doesn’t contain more than 30 percent DEET (an ingredient used in lots of bug sprays used to ward off mosquitos, ticks and chiggers). Also important to know: Insect repellents that contain oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE) or para-menthane-diol / p-Menthane-3,8-diol (PMD) are not recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for children under 3 years old.
But the specifics on using bug spray on babies gets a little complex from there. Here’s everything parents and caregivers need to know, written by Brigitt Earley.
March 27, 2023
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Apply the Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent to clothing and furniture, not skin, to keep pests away.
Plus, everything you need to know about DEET, picaridin, and what's best for safeguarding against ticks and mosquitoes.
Faster and more efficient than pumping or waiting for chemical treatments, the Sawyer Squeeze System offers on-the-go hydration at a good flow. This product is long-lasting, affordable, reliable, cleanable, and very user-friendly.