via Will Peterson, The Trek[/caption]
White Mountains Direttissima FKT Gear List
Because I had to average over 40 miles and 13,000 feet of elevation gain per day, the White Mountains Direttissima was the first time that I made a concerted effort to shave as many ounces as possible. Much of my weight savings came from the unique way that I went about getting nutrition, which is vastly different from what I normally do on backpacking trips.
The Big Stuff
- Backpack – Hyperlite Mountain Gear (HMG) 3400 Windrider (frame removed)
- Hydration Pack – Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set (w/ 2 liter hydration bladder)
- Tent – Gossamer Gear “The One” (w/polycryo footprint)
- Quilt – Hammock Gear Economy 20° Down Quilt (w/ drybag)
- Sleeping Pad – 2/3 of a Thermarest zlite
- Trekking Poles – Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork
The frame of my HMG Windrider broke at about mile 1,800 of my Appalachian Trail thru-hike last year. HMG worked with me to get new stays as quickly as possible, but I covered a couple hundred miles prior to receiving them. During that time, I realized that for me the pack is more comfortable without the stays, provided the weight is kept relatively low. I have not used the aluminum stays since then.
Continue reading Will's gear list here: https://thetrek.co/white-mountains-direttissima-fkt-gear-list/
Join the Club
If you like, we’ll send you outdoor content that brings you happiness. Nothing annoying, ever.