Review: Sawyer Point ZeroTwo Bucket Purification System
The $125-140 Sawyer SP191 Point ZeroTwo Bucket Kit is a unique product that sits somewhere between portable water filters and home countertop water filters. The kit combines what would normally be a standalone portable filter with the hoses and attachments you need to create a sort of DIY countertop gravity system. All you need to add is a cheap plastic bucket and another container to catch the clean water.
Here’s what you need to know:
- This is a good option if you want something like a Berkey filter but without the Berkey price.
- Sawyer is a well-established and popular company. We feel confident that their products do what they say on the box.
- The filter will handle basically any bacterial or viral threat you may face — but it does not remove chemicals (like pesticides) the way more expensive countertop filters can.
- The filter will last a very long time (likely longer than you would in an emergency), provided you take care of it.
- The kit includes all of the parts you need, except for the bucket, including thoughtful touches like an elevated holder wire and a spout protector to keep the hose from crimping.
- Instructions could be better, but setup isn’t that complicated.
- There’s no control valve on the hose/filter, so things might get a little wet in your working area.
Explore More Content
Sawyer Insect Repellent is a versatile picaridin spray recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as safe and effective for most people. Our testers liked the evaporating smell and how the spray feels once it dries.
Insects and arachnids that bite in self-defense instead of to feed -- such as yellow jackets, bees, wasps, hornets, certain ants or spiders -- cannot be repelled with insect repellents.
The number of bug-borne diseases is increasing, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And the number of places they're spreading to is also on the rise.
From the Squad
Campfire conversations with our community, from Squad Members and Ambassadors to Brand Partners and the Sawyer team.