10 Best Mosquito Repellents & Bug Sprays
We all look forward to a next warm-weather adventure. Whether it’s swimming in the ocean, hiking in the woods, or eating s’mores around a campfire, these experiences make the best memories. Unfortunately, insects can quickly ruin an outdoor trip.
To make sure you don’t get eaten up by mosquitoes and aren’t subjected to insect-transmitted diseases like dengue fever, Lyme disease, or Zika, you need a top-quality mosquito repellent. But the answer to which mosquito repellent is best for you really depends on what you’ll be doing outdoors and for how long.
We’ve created a comprehensive guide that will tell you what to look for and will help you choose the best mosquito repellent for you and your family.
Quick Answer: Best Mosquito Repellents
- Best Overall: Sawyer Premium Insect Repellent
- Best DEET: OFF! Deep Woods Insect Repellent VIII Dry
- Best Natural: Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent
- Best Wipes: Cutter Family Mosquito Wipes
- Best Ultrasonic: Neatmaster Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
- Best Candle: Repel Insect Repellent Citronella Candle
- Best Incense Sticks: Murphy’s Naturals Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks
- Best Bracelet: Evergreen Research Insect Repelling SuperBand
May 7, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Of all the creepy crawlers, ticks keep me on high alert. They can be very tiny in the nymph stage and difficult to see. They love to hang out in tall grasses along the trail and hitch a ride on hikers passing by. I plan on treating most of my clothes and gear with Sawyer Permethrin.
Ultra-compact and lightweight
I would often just drink directly from the sawyer squeeze if I was feeling lazy- which by the way works wonderfully.