10 Best Backpacking Water Filters In 2021
Written By David Hamburg
The Best Backpacking Water Filters
1. Sawyer Products Squeeze Backpacking Water Filter
2. Sawyer Products Mini Backpacking Water Filter
3. LifeStraw Water Filter
4. LifeStraw Go Bottle Water Filter
5. Survivor Filter PRO Water Filter
6. Sawyer Products Squeezable Pouch Water Filter
7. Grayl Ultralight Compact Purifier Bottle Water Filter
8. LifeStraw Family 1.0 Portable Gravity Powered Backpacking Water Filter
9. Etekcity Water Filter Straw Camping Water Filter
10. MSR MiniWorks EX Hiking Water Filter
Whether you are at home or out on a trail, you need clean water to keep your body healthy and hydrated. Though you need a lot of water when you are up for a physical excursion like hiking, carrying, a lot of it isn’t a viable option as it is quite a weight to bear on your shoulders. That is why getting a backpacking water filter is common among hikers as it provides an unlimited amount of clean and safe water without adding much weight to your back.
But choosing a backpacking water filter can be difficult though as there are many different types of it, with different sizes, filters, containers, chemicals, and capacities.
That’s why we have taken the initiative and gone through several reviews to list down the 10 Best Backpacking Water Filters In 2021 along with a guide that helps in filtering the right option. Once you have finished reading this guide, you’ll know exactly what type of filter you need.
May 7, 2022
In my side pouches, you can find tent poles (right) and a SmartWater bottle (left). A sawyer squeeze is placed inline from the SmartWater bottle and attached to my Osprey mouthpiece to drink fro, as I walk.
The EWG sees picaridin as a reasonably good alternative to DEET—although it hasn’t been tested as long, it doesn’t have the same neurotoxicity concerns. They recommend a concentration of 20 percent for Lyme protection. Common brands include: OFF!, Cutter, Sawyer, Natrapel, Insect Guard.
Fill them up with tap water and it slowly passes through a filter system. Then the main reservoir below collects the filtered water.