10 Best Outdoor Bug Sprays of January 2021
2. Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent for Clothing, Gear & Tents
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard bbqs, and other outdoor activities, it's effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (lyme disease) and mosquitoes (west nile and zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with permethrin (university of rhode island study - 2017)
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won't stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; oderless after drying
9. Sawyer Products 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% picaridin — more effective at repelling biting flies than deet; repels disease-spreading ticks (lyme, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (west nile, dengue, and zika viruses), chiggers, and more
- Non-greasy; dries quickly and won't damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more
- Safe for use on the whole family, long-lasting insect and tick repellent spray deters a wide variety of pests — up to 12 hours against mosquitoes and ticks and up to 8 hours against flies, gnats, and chiggers
- Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it's ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard bbqs, sporting events, days at the park, and more
May 7, 2022
he recommends Sawyer Products insect repellent because the bottles are small (4 ounces each) and the product is made with 100% DEET for maximum protection when you need it.
Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings
The Sawyer Squeeze has been a mainstay on our Best Backpacking Water Filters List for years. It’s incredibly lightweight at only 3 oz., very compact, and is quite affordable.