The best gravity filters in 2021: 27 top products
Here we have the top Best Gravity Filters of May 2021. Some we have tested ourselves, some we have researched feedbacks of 12,407 customers, in order to choose the best 27 products for you.
6. Sawyer Products SP160 One Gallon Gravity Water Filtration System w/Dual-Threaded Mini Filter
- Easily create gravity-based water filtering system with 0.1 micron absolute dual-threaded Sawyer MINI water filter and 1-gallon reservoir
- High-performance 0.1 Micron absolute inline filter fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just 2 ounces; 100% of MINI units individually tested three times to performance standards by Sawyer
- Dual-threaded MINI allows you to use the flip top sports cap on the filter for easy on/off functionality; lightweight wide-mouth bladder for fast, easy filling; convenient carry handle
- Versatile camping water filter system is great for travel, backcountry treks, emergency prepping, and disaster kits
- Includes MINI Water Filter, 1-gallon bladder, cleaning plunger, cleaning coupling, and gravity hose with adapters
May 6, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
My only complaint is that eventually, backflushing won’t be enough. These can clog up after some time and no amount of back flushing will fix its low flow. I went through 2 on the AT. However, it will attach to Smart Water Bottles and most bladders!
Built for backcountry reliability and portability, the Sawyer Squeeze filter is our pick for the best portable water purifier.
The Sawyer Squeeze was (by far) the most common Pacific Crest Trail water filter this year – for the fifth year in a row. It’s a $39, 3 oz / 85 g hollow fiber filter that rids your drinking water of protozoa and bacteria (and floaties). It can be used with Sawyer bags (included with the filter) or with compatible water bottles (Smartwater is the bottle of choice for many hikers).