Ultimate Pacific Crest Trail Gear List (2021)
PCT Gear List
Here is the best PCT Gear List ultralight for thru hikers wanting to carry lightweight gear on the PCT. All the gear on this list would be perfect PCT gear for you to take on your thru hike.
Everything on the PCT List is easily available and reasonably priced.
What Is The Best Shelter To Use On The PCT
Overall there are several great lightweight tents to use on the PCT. Below are a selection of the top 3 shelters to use on the Pacific Crest Trail
- Nemo Hornet Elite 1P – 1lb 14oz (840 grams)
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear Ultramid 2 -18.85oz (534g)
- Fly Creek HV1 Carbon 1P – 21oz (595grams)
What Is The Best Backpack For The PCT
The best ultralight backpack for thru hiking the PCT is one that is not only lightweight but durable enough to last thousands of miles of abuse. Below are the best 4 thru hiking backpacks for the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear Southwest 2400 – 50 litre – 30oz / 852 grams
- Osprey Exos 48 – 48 litres – 36oz / 1030grams
- Osprey Exos 58 – 58 litres – 37oz /1060 grams
- Osprey Levity 45 – 45 litres – 28oz – 780 grams
- Pack Liner/Garbage bag 60 Grams
May 7, 2022
Outdoor Life: Do You Really Need a Water Filter for Backpacking and Mountain Hunting?
Of all the creepy crawlers, ticks keep me on high alert. They can be very tiny in the nymph stage and difficult to see. They love to hang out in tall grasses along the trail and hitch a ride on hikers passing by. I plan on treating most of my clothes and gear with Sawyer Permethrin.
Ultra-compact and lightweight
I would often just drink directly from the sawyer squeeze if I was feeling lazy- which by the way works wonderfully.