10 Best Mosquito Repellents & Bug Sprays
We all look forward to a next warm-weather adventure. Whether it’s swimming in the ocean, hiking in the woods, or eating s’mores around a campfire, these experiences make the best memories. Unfortunately, insects can quickly ruin an outdoor trip.
To make sure you don’t get eaten up by mosquitoes and aren’t subjected to insect-transmitted diseases like dengue fever, Lyme disease, or Zika, you need a top-quality mosquito repellent. But the answer to which mosquito repellent is best for you really depends on what you’ll be doing outdoors and for how long.
We’ve created a comprehensive guide that will tell you what to look for and will help you choose the best mosquito repellent for you and your family.
Quick Answer: Best Mosquito Repellents
- Best Overall: Sawyer Premium Insect Repellent
- Best DEET: OFF! Deep Woods Insect Repellent VIII Dry
- Best Natural: Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent
- Best for Kids: BuzzPatch Natural Mosquito Repellent Patch (20% Off Coupon: ROADAFFAIR20)
- Best Wipes: Cutter Family Mosquito Wipes
- Best Ultrasonic: Neatmaster Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
- Best Candle: Repel Insect Repellent Citronella Candle
- Best Incense Sticks: Murphy’s Naturals Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks
- Best Bracelet: Evergreen Research Insect Repelling SuperBand
Explore More Content
Sawyer Insect Repellent is a versatile picaridin spray recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as safe and effective for most people. Our testers liked the evaporating smell and how the spray feels once it dries.
Insects and arachnids that bite in self-defense instead of to feed -- such as yellow jackets, bees, wasps, hornets, certain ants or spiders -- cannot be repelled with insect repellents.
The number of bug-borne diseases is increasing, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And the number of places they're spreading to is also on the rise.
From the Squad
Campfire conversations with our community, from Squad Members and Ambassadors to Brand Partners and the Sawyer team.